How much fun are these little guys? I ended up making these mini Mylar Balloons after I needed a cake topper for my mom’s birthday cake and was too late ordering any! They turned out really cute and were not difficult to make and make cute props for a video, decorations, or last minute Christmas gifts! Follow the instructions below and you can have these babies in about an hour.
Metallic Tissue Paper (I bought mine at the Micheal’s)
Cotton Rounds (I bought mine at the dollar store)
Scissors (Preferably very sharp ones!)
- Start by placing a line of hot glue on one end of the cotton round. Roll inward and another strip of hot glue on the outer edge to seal the little roll. They should end up looking like this:
2. Begin shaping the rounds into letters by hot gluing the cotton cylinders into the shape that you want onto the tissue paper.
3. Once you have the shape of the letter that you desire, make a border of hot glue around the letter and then firmly seal a layer of tissue paper on top. Be careful when touching the hot glue during the step!
4. Once the glue has dried, carefully cut out your letter! The middles of letters can be especially difficult to cut out so this is when a sharp pair of scissors can come in handy!
5. Carefully glue on a lollipop stick to the back of your little balloon.
Now you are ready to make millions more mini Mylar balloons!
Let me know how it goes!! Comment below, tag me in an Insta pic, tweet me- I want to know!